About this item
Get protected with State Roadside Rescue XTRA – you’ll get 24/7 nationwide assistance.
State Roadside Rescue XTRA provides you with more cover, applies to the vehicle and not the driver, and entitles you to unlimited rescue call-outs per year. You’ll receive all the benefits of our standard service plus a whole lot more.
Been locked out? Got a flat battery? Run out of petrol? Got a flat tyre? Just broken down? State Roadside Rescue XTRA to the rescue!
Plus with State Roadside Rescue XTRA you’ll also receive Recovery of towed vehicles, rental car and accommodation option, accident/collision assistance, windscreen/glass repair and legal referral.
- Lockout assistance (keys locked in vehicle), State Roadside Rescue will dispatch a provider to unlock the vehicle or if more convenient, arrange for the spare set of keys to be delivered to the driver.
- Flat battery / jump start, State Roadside Rescue will dispatch a provider to jump start the vehicle. If the vehicle cannot be jump started due to the battery requiring replacement, the provider will undertake this work at the owner/drivers expense (cost of the replacement battery).
- Out of fuel, State Roadside Rescue will arrange, free of charge, the delivery of 5 litres of petrol or diesel, to enable the vehicle to travel to the nearest filling station. If this distance is greater than the 5 litre allowance, an additional 5 litres may be offered or the vehicle will be transported to the nearest filling station at no additional cost.
- Flat tyre, State Roadside Rescue will dispatch a provider to remove the flat tyre and fit the vehicle's spare wheel. If the spare wheel is flat, not with the vehicle or the wrong one, the vehicle will be transported to the nearest State Roadside Rescue approved repairer or place of safety.
- Mechanical breakdown, State Roadside Rescue will dispatch a provider to tow/transport the vehicle to the nearest State Roadside Rescue approved repairer or place of safety. If the owner/driver elects to have the vehicle towed/transported to a place of his/her own nomination and this distance is greater than would have been to our preferred repairer or place of safety, the additional charge for the excess kilometres will be at the cost of the owner/driver of the transported vehicle. If a second tow is requested following storage at the approved repairer or place of safety, this cost will be the owner/driver responsibility.
- Recovery of towed vehicles, if at the time of breakdown the vehicle was towing a boat, trailer or caravan, the towed vehicles will also be towed/transported to the State Roadside Rescue approved repairer or place of safety. The recovery of towed vehicles is restricted to a maximum laden weight of 4.5 tonnes.
- Rental car option (in lieu of accommodation), if the vehicle is immobilised greater than 100 kilometres from the owner/driver normal place of residence (as registered in the programme), and cannot be repaired within 24 hours, the owner/driver will be entitled to a rental car to a cost of $120 per day and a maximum of x3 days rental. Rental vehicle insurance and petrol costs remain the responsibility of the owner/drive.
- Accommodation option (in lieu of a rental vehicle), if the vehicle is immobilised greater than 100 kilometres from the owner/driver normal place of residence (as registered in the programme), and cannot be repaired within 24 hours, the owner/driver will be entitled to accommodation costs, per night, (room charge only) of up to $150 per night to a maximum of 2 nights.
- Accident / collision assistance, if the vehicle is involved in a motor vehicle accident State Roadside Rescue will provide advice/referral to the owner/drivers insurer and if requested, organise an accident/tow provider to attend and transport the vehicle to a State Roadside Rescue approved repairer or place of safety. All tow/transportation costs will be the direct responsibility of the owner driver.
- Windscreen/glass repair or replacement, State Roadside Rescue will refer the owner/driver to the nearest windscreen or automotive glass specialist repairer, all costs associated with the cost of glass repair/replacement will be the responsibility of the owner/driver.
- Legal referral, if the owner/driver requires legal advice relating to a motoring incident, State Roadside Rescue will transfer the caller to the State Roadside Rescue legal advisor (free of charge). This service is a phone consultation/advice service only and does not extend beyond the initial phone call. The call content is confidential between the State Roadside Rescue legal advisor and the referred owner/driver.
- Unlimited callouts, vehicles registered to the State Roadside Rescue XTRA roadside assistance package are entitled to unlimited callouts in any one year of registration. Multiple events for the same failure may be declined, at the discretion of State Roadside Rescue, if the owner driver has not followed the advice of the State Roadside Rescue technician and had the vehicle seen by and repaired by an approved MTA repairer.